15
Wed, Jul
51 New Articles

Wolf Theiss Bucharest has advised Ingka Investments on its August 28, 2019 acquisition of an 80% shareholding in seven companies owning wind power plants with an aggregate installed capacity of 171MW from Vestas Wind Systems A/S, which retains the remaining 20% shareholding. Reff & Associates reportedly advised Vestas on the transaction, which was valued at approximately EUR 136 million and is expected to close by the end of the year.

Weber & Co. has acted as legal counsel to joint lead managers Erste Group Bank AG, HSBC France, ING Bank N.V., Landesbank Baden-Wurttemberg, and Nykredit Bank A/S in connection with the successful September 11, 2019 issue by Erste Group Bank AG of a EUR 500 million 0.010% Mortgage Pfandbriefe under the bank's Covered Bonds Programme. Wolf Theiss was issuers counsel.

Wolf Theiss has advised Wilsonart Engineered Surfaces on its acquisition of Technistone, a global manufacturer of quartz. Clifford Chance advised Technistone on the transaction, which remains subject to regulatory approvals and is expected to close in September of 2019.

Fellner Wratzfeld & Partner, working with Linklaters, Wolf Theiss, and Gleiss Lutz, achieved the successful implementation of a "Company Voluntary Agreement," paving the way for the financial restructuring of the Steinhoff Group. Binder Groesswang and Allen & Overy advised the international creditor coordinating committee consisting of banks and funds. Latham & Watkins and Dorda advised the Secondary creditor committee, while Eisenberger & Herzog and Kirkland & Ellis advised the convertible bondholder.

Wolf Theiss has advised Miba AG, acting through its Miba eMobility GmbH subsidiary, on its acquisition of a stake in VOLTLABOR and establishment of a joint venture in the field of battery systems for mobile applications with the company.

Wolf Theiss has advised Asfinag Motorways and Freeways Financing on its issue of EUR 600 million 0.1% bonds due 2029 guaranteed by the Republic of Austria. The Frankfurt office of Linklaters reportedly advised the joint lead managers Credit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, Goldman Sachs International, J.P. Morgan Securities plc, and UniCredit Bank Austria AG, as well as co-lead managers Erste Group Bank AG and Raiffeisen Bank International AG.

In The Corner Office we ask Managing Partners across CEE about their unique roles and responsibilities. The question this time around: How do you do performance reviews, and how important are they to the planning and management of the firm?”

Wolf Theiss worked with lead counsel Clifford Chance in advising the Blackstone Group on its EUR 1.64 billion acquisition of CRH's European distribution business. Slaughter and May advised CRH on the transaction, which remains subject to regulatory approval.

White & Case and Wolf Theiss have advised joint lead managers Barclays Bank PLC, BNP Paribas, Erste Group Bank AG, Raiffeisen Bank International AG, and UniCredit Bank Austria AG on OMV Aktiengesellschaft's EUR 1 billion bond issue — the largest Austrian corporate bond issue to date in 2019. OMV was advised by Weber & Co.